- Grandfathering: Environmental Uses and Impacts
by Damon et al. 2021, Rev. of Envoronmental Economics and Policy, 13, 1.
- Entitlement theory of justice and end-state fairness in the allocation of goods,
by Ju and Moreno-Ternero, 2018, Economics and Philosophy, 34(3), Nov. 2018.
- Fair Allocation of Disputed Properties,
by Ju and Moreno-Ternero, 2017, International Economic Review, 58, 1279-130, Nov. 2017. Working Paper version
- Fair international protocols for the abatement of GHG emissions,
by Ju et al. 2021, Energy Economics, 94.
...rewarding polluting incumbents can be detrimental to longterm social welfare and that repeated grandfathering can discourage proactive behavior. We discuss the extent to which the principle of grandfathering entrenches the status quo in many pollution control cases. Next we investigate empirically how grandfathering is used in the local management of CPRs throughout the world. We then discuss the role of grandfathering in multilateral climate negotiations and end with some tentative conclusions and lessons learned....
Advanced Economic Theory: Political Economy Reading List
- O'Neill, Martin, 2008, What should egalitarians believe?, Philosophy and Public Affairs, 36.
- Parfit, Derek, 1997, Equality and priority, Ratio, X.
Parfit, Derek, 1991, Equality or priority?, University of Kansas.
- Moreno-Ternero JD, Roemer JE (2004) Impartiality. priority and solidarity in the theory of justice, Cowles Foundation Discussion Paper No.1477, Yale University
Moreno-Ternero JD, Roemer JE (2006) Impartiality, priority and solidarity in the theory of justice. Econometrica 74(5):1419–1427
Moreno-Ternero JD, Roemer JE (2012) A common ground for resource and welfare egalitarianism. Games Econ Behav 75:832–841
- Chun, Youngsub, Inkee Jang, Biung-Ghi Ju, 2014, Priority, solidarity and egalitarianism, Social Choice and Welfare, 43, 577-589.
- Harsanyi, J.C., (1953), Cardinal utility in welfare economics and in the theory of risk-taking, Journal of Political Economy 61, 434-435.
- Harsanyi, J.C., (1955), "Cardinal welfare, individualistic ethics, and inter- personal comparisons of utility", Journal of Political Economy 63, 309-321.
- Harsanyi, J.C., (1977), Rational behavior and bargaining equilibrium in games and social situations, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. MA.
- Karni, E., (1998), Impartiality: definition and representation, Econometrica 66, 1405-1415.
- Rawls, John, (1999), A theory of justice, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Karni, E., Weymark, J., (1998), An informationally parsimonious impartial observer theorem, Social Choice and Welfare 15, 321-332.
- Roemer, J.E., (2002), Egalitarianism against the veil of ignorance, Journal of Philosophy, 99, 167–18.
Moreno-Ternero, J.D., Roemer, J.E., (2008), The veil of ignorance violates priority, Economics and Philosophy, 24, 233-257.
- Ju, Biung-Ghi, Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2020, Taxation behind the veil of ignorance, Discussion Paper, Center for Distributive Justice, Seoul National University.
- Ju, Biung-Ghi, Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2018, Entitlement theory of justice and end-state fairness in the allocation of goods, Economics and Philosophy, 34.
Ju, Biung-Ghi, Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2017, Fair allocation of disputed properties, International Economic Review, 58, 1279-1230.
- Alesina, Alberto and George-Marios Angeletos, "Fairness and Redistribution," American Economic Review, 95(4), 960–80, 2005.
- Arneson, Richard, "Equality of Opportunity for Welfare," Philosophical Studies: An International Journal for Philosophy in the Analytic Tradition, 56(1), 77–93, 1989.
- Cohen, Gerry A., "On the Currency of Egalitarian Justice," Ethics, 99(4), 906–44, 1989.
- Roemer, John, Equality of Opportunity, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 1998.
- Lefranc, Arnaud, Nicolas Pistolesi, and Alain Trannoy, "Inequality of Opportunities vs. Inequality of Outcomes: Are Western Societies All Alike?" Review of Income and Wealth, 54(4), 513–46, 2008.
- ___________, Equality of Opportunity and Luck: Definitions and Testable Conditions, with an Application to Income in France, Journal of Public Economics, 93(11–12), 1189–207, 2009.
- Ferreira, Francisco H.G., Jereme Gignoux, 2011, The measurement of inequality of opportunity: Theory and an application to Latin America, Review of Income and Wealth, 57.